Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Long time no see...

I must apologise for my lack of posts recently - to be frank, I just couldn't be bothered. However, I thought I best do the decent thing and give you an update.

Well, at the moment I feel as if I'm in the calm before the storm. With just 8 study days left (including today) until we go on 'study leave' (or 'party time', as some people treat it) time is precious - hence why I'll try to keep this brief.

To add to the intrinsic stress of the exams themselves, the boards have timetabled them in a way that makes me think they deliberately did it to make me fail. For example, on the 6th of June I have both my Philosophy and Politics modules on the same day - in total, 5 hours of exams! Needless to say, I'm really pissed off.

However, once the agony and tedium has passed, I can look forward to the summer. I'm going to a number of university open days, including ones at Bristol; Christ's College, Cambridge; and Durham. Even if I don't get accepted by any of these, just looking around the historic places will be interesting.

On a final and totally unrelated note, in Philosophy recently we have been looking at religious faith. Once the teacher asked a Christian in the class: 'What would make you lose your belief in God?'. The guy proudly replied, 'Nothing, as I've got faith.' This struck me as totally inane. It's just like saying, 'Well, you'll have a hard time persuading me, sir, as I'm impervious to rational argument!'

[Edit] By the way, as it's the final episode tonight, I might do a quick post comparing my initial thoughts on the candidates from The Apprentice, with what I think of them now. Can't wait to see what happens.

No comments: