Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Honey, I'm home

Well, it's been a while hasn't it! Like my friend Jack, I got out of the blogging rhythm (in his case, rather slower than mine) and, indeed, it's been such a long time that I had a spot of bother logging in just now. You think, I'll get around to it when this happens, and then you forget. Oh well, I'm here now.

Anyway, a lot time has elapsed since I last commented on the finale of The Apprentice, both quantifiably and in a more personal sense. Most notably, I've had my excruciating AS levels to contend with and all the mindless revision that they demand. The way they are organised is quite inane; before I knew the reality of the situation, if someone had asked me what the worst scenario would be regarding my exam timetable, I daresay I couldn't have described what horrifically transpired any better than I can now. It was a nightmare, and I managed to sustain a nasty blister after more than 6 grueling hours of philosophy and politics, only for it to hinder me with my subsequent history exam. For anyone at the QCA reading this, I have two remarks for you: firstly, 'You're all wankers'; secondly, 'In future, don't let someone with the foresight of a gnat plan the timetable again.' Joking aside, I was far from happy that week.

Fortunately the situation has become more comic now with the passage of time, and, indeed, so much time has gone by that at exactly 10.30 tomorrow I'll be able to, butterflies fluttering in my stomach, my hands trembling with trepidation, open that crucial brown envelope and either breathe a sigh of relief, or be swamped with depression that I tried for nothing. I don't have any regrets; given the chance to go back in time, I wouldn't do anything differently. That's helped my conscience until now, knowing I truly tried my best, but it might rebound as an insult tomorrow if someone deems my best to be inadequate.

I don't want to speculate about grades at this late stage - ultimately it serves no purpose, and will probably mean I have a large ostrich egg on my face tomorrow. Furthermore, although I want to do well, I don't want to have to talk to GWR (a radio station that visits my college when the results are out)! Scarily, this time tomorrow I'll know whether my ambitions to study history at a top uni as feasible - I really hope so. In many ways ASs are as important as A2s - after all, the unis will say yay (and give conditions) or nay based on them.

I've rambled on enough now, all that remains is to wait the last few hours...

No comments: