Friday, March 10, 2006

Exam Results

With this entry, I thought I would be rather non-cryptic in my post title - after all, they are what is playing on my mind. God, they make me feel sick. As if the GCSEs weren't bad enough, with these there is the real feeling that your future life is at stake. OK, I know these are just the results for module 1 - which, admittedly, can easily be retaken - but still, for me, they will indicative of my final grade (which, sadly, I attach a lot of self-worth to). This grade-related anxiety is compounded by the fact that I will, within months, be applying to universities and (I think, quite naturally enough) I want to get into a good one.

By the end of Monday morning, I will know exactly how badly I did. And yes, I did say badly. In every single exam, something conspired to make me fail. In Politics, I didn't understand the first question, and that was rather disconcerting - to say the least. Next, in English Lit, the entire question was farcical, in the respect that it wasn't really relevant to the book's core themes (something which, rather frivolously - in retrospect - I had revised hard on). Finally, in History, my own bodily functions didn't help - joking aside, by the end I really needed a wee. Oh well, come 48 hours time, I can take some valium and get the whole thing over with. One final point - the fact that my friends will, no doubt, do very well (and have) is certainly no consolation.

Anyway, on a more positive note - Microsoft unveiled their new 'Origami' project this week. Browsing some pics on the net, it looks stunning - and certainly the type of gadget for the budding history student; it's just perfect for all that library research!

Over the weekend, I intend to round off my history coursework and read some more of Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. By the way, I'll try to blog some thoughts on the book when I'm done - it's certainly interesting. If I've got enough time left, I'll probably try to refine my reactionary poem to Carol Anne Duffy's The World's Wife - currently, it has the working title 'Mr Duffy'.

Anyway, until next time...

1 comment:

Ian said...

You're not the one that needs to worry about exam results!