Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Students get no sympathy

Being a student sucks because no one gives you any sympathy. To my Sixth Form, it must seem incomprehensible that I should actually be entitled to some evenings without work - and that's not to say that I don't work during the day. My parents aren't any better: 'Get off that bloody game!' is a well used phrase in our house. They don't seem to understand that I might be capable of organising essays so that I can stop for 10 minutes! As well as this, there is the perpetual stress of exams. Every day, the teachers say something unhelpful like: 'Well, there's only 6 weeks left', adding to your already mounting anxiety. However, to cap it all off, the media loves to poke fun at what you are striving towards. 'Chimp could get 10 A*s' seems to be a constant headline in papers - adding insult to injury for those that didn't do well, as well as giving hope to those parents that read The Sun. Anyway, I sure hope they're wrong when they say: 'These are the best days of your life.'

OK, rant over.

No comments: