Friday, September 08, 2006

Back to the grind stone...

I think the title says it all. Being back at college isn't all that bad though, as being a second year affords you a smug sense of superiority over the newbies who walk around looking lost. Whilst they bumble about looking for the elusive D105 or somewhere similar, you can swiftly advance to your destination, occasionally nodding to your acquaintances along the way. On the other hand, I've slept well all this week, and haven't mentally woken up till about now.

Various things that I mentioned in my last post are starting to resolve themselves. My history personal study is coming along nicely. It makes me think the brain is an amazing thing; although I haven't considered the project much, subconsciously it seems, thoughts are beginning to crystallise in my mind and my overall argument is slowly taking form. Furthermore, I've also found a stack of primary materials relating to the bomb's use on the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library website. A big thanks to however had the bright idea of putting them there!

My UCAS application is also progressing. The vast majority of my details have now been uploaded, and I've so far entered four out of my potential six options: Cambridge, Bristol, the LSE and Exeter (all straight history). I'm also visiting Exeter with a friend next weekend. It should be good, and has the added bonus of involving a train (yes, I am sad). I'm tempted by joint history and politics degrees in a way, but have to console myself by saying that 1) history involves a lot of politics anyway, and 2) I can't be bothered to tweak my personal statement at this stage. I'll let you know what other two unis I pick.

Anyway, I must go and get a bite to eat now, as, since the introduction of a stupid staggered lunchtime at my college, my tummy audibly protests during the period where I would normally be gorging myself on a sandwich or something similar. Damn college managers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's just a shame that you are so coarse.